As the demand for cutting of heavier wall pipe with lightweight clamshells increases, Tri Tool offers the TTM-1 and TTM-2 template tracer modules, which can be easily fitted to the 600RBL series of clamshell lathes. Offering single point machining with 600RBL machines, template tracer modules maintain the lightweight, versatile operation of the RBL tools.
The template tracer uses a radial slide feed, and a spring loaded axial slide attached to dual cam followers which follow hardened steel template modules. The template depicts the profile of the weld bevel as the tool holder module is fed along the profiled edge.
The TTM attachments can be used for light duty form tool applications such as, counter-bore and radii cutting applications without the need for the use of a template.
- Enhances existing RBL line of equipment – Model 614 RBL – 636 RBL Split Frame Lathes
- 7” to 36” (177.8 to 914.4mm) with optional extension
- Simple and reliable template tracing Bevelling
- Utilizes standard inserts
- Solid, cross-arch channel spreads torque and loads
- Precision feed produces optimal surface finishes and uses the RBL Tripper Assembly
- Made of aircraft grade aluminium for strength and light weight
- Repositionable mounting base and extensions for different RBL sizes
- Further Information