The RBL series of split frame clamshell lathes are lightweight portable tools which encompass the ability to perform inline sever and bevel operations on tube or pipe, with the ability to perform precise machining operations on open ended pipe work using form tools or single point processes.
The RBL series of clamshell tools feature precise vee-track roller bearings which produce very little drag, minimize tool weight and improve portability of the machines. With the ability to adjust the bearings and tool slides the RBL’s construction ensures long, dependable operation with minimal requirement for overhaul or regular fitting of new consumable parts.
Inline sever & bevel operations on tube or pipe are governed only by the wall thickness of the material to be machined, please see detailed specifications for the range listed below.
- Pneumatic, hydraulic & electric motor options available
- Counter bore module available, CBM-3
- Out of round tracker module available
- Easy to handle & set up
- Low friction, field adjustable bearing system
- Reduced vibration worm drive tool module increases tool life
- Versatile modular design increases ability to interchange parts
- Requires low input HP from motor
- Extended reach tool modules available for deep sever applications
- Machining capabilities covering all materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, low alloy, chrome molly, Inconel, duplex & super duplex
- No HAZ (heat affected zone) with the ‘cold cut’ applications
- Carbide severing tool holder available for increased tool life & low cost replacement of tool bits
- 614RBL, 7” to 14” (177.8 to 355.6mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 616RBL, 10” to 16” (273.1 to 406.1mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 620RBL, 14” to 20” (355.6 to 508mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 624RBL, 18” to 24” (457.2 to 609.6mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 630RBL, 24” to 30” (609.6 to 762mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 636RBL, 30” to 36” (762 to 914.4mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 648RBL, 42” to 48” (1066.8 to 1219.2mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)
- 660RBL, 54” to 60” (1371.6 to 1524mm), max wall 2.5” (63.5mm)